For these festive danish pastries I used some frozen puff pastry which is prerolled. I allowed it to defrost in the fridge for a few hours and hey presto it was ready. I also found it easier when I was cutting the slices to slice from the middle outwards, this keeps the shape of the slice and does not push out the mincemeat filling. I served these with a dusting of icing suger but alternatively icing could be made and drizzled over….
- 375g Puff Pastry
- 300g Mincemeat
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Roll out the pastry to a rectangle shape approx 2mm in thickness.
- Spread out the mincemeat on top and roll the pastry similar to a swiss roll.
- Cut into slices and place on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper.
- Brush each slice with some milk.
- Place into the hot oven for approx 20 mins until brown.