This is a really pretty starter to any dinner or just serve to any visiting guests over the Christmas. The bread is a tear and share and is easy pulled apart, ready to be dunked into the melted cheese. A side of crispy onions would be perfect for a finishing dip.
- 3 eggs
- 10ml Milk
- 350g Flour
- 7g Yeast
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 5g salt
- 200g butter, melted
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and diced
- 250g Camembert, top rind removed
- Mix flour, yeast and salt together.
- Whisk the eggs, butter and honey and combine.
- Leave covered in a oiled bowl for 2-3 hours.
- Divide the dough into small marble sized balls and using the camembert as a mould, arrange these balls around it.
- Put the camberet back into the fridge and leave the dough to rise for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, brush the dough with milk and pop in the hot oven for approx 15 mins.
- Remove and place in the centre the camembert and sprinkle over the diced garlic.
- Pop back into the oven for approx another 15 mins until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted.