I first discovered a chestnut creamy pasta in one of my local restaurants and I decided to try and vary this and incorporate more flavour. Since it was Christmas why not try some sprouts…I never cook with this vegetable and I really wanted to experiment with it. The roasting of the sprouts really enchances the flavour and adds a bit more of an interesting texture.
- 200g Chestnuts, cut a cross on the top of each
- 400g Brussels sprouts
- 200g Tagliatelle
- 50g Parmesan
- 250ml Cream
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Pop the chestnuts into a baking tray and place into a hot oven for approx 20 mins.
- Allow the chestnuts to cool and remove the shells.
- Break into small chunks and toast on a dry pan until slightly brown.
- Simmer the sprouts for 10 mins until slightly tender and pop onto a baking tray into the oven for 15 mins to brown.
- Meanwhile simmer the pasta for 20 mins approx until tender.
- Make the sauce by simmering the cream and parmesan until reduced.
- Season to taste and combine all the ingredients together.