Its being to feel a lot like Christmas….. This week I will be exploring party foods for this festive season. They will be all pastry based since why not! December is a month to spoil yourself. If you want to save time just buy the filo pastry but I find it hard to source sometimes so I just tend to make it myself.
- 200g Plain flour
- 20ml tepid water
- 2 tsp Rapeseed oil
- 6 tbsp Cranberry Jam
- 100g Brie
- 4 tbsp Cornflour
- First make the Filo pastry.
- Mix the flour with the tepid water and oil and mix well to form a dough.
- Knead for 10 mins and place covered in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and split the dough into 4 balls.
- Roll out each ball into a thin sheet dusting with cornflour.
- Grease a muffin tin and cut the sheets into four.
- Place each sheet into the muffin tin and grease each layer before placing the next.
- Layer up each bun with 3 layers and grease the final layer.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Pop into the hot oven and leave for approx 15-20 mins to brown.
- Place a tbsp of jam in each bun and top of with chunks of brie.
- Pop back into the oven for about 6-8 mins until the brie has melted.