These Mini mushroom wellingtons serve a punch with the mushroom, garlic and blue cheese really adding a lot of flavour to this pastry. The sesame seeds add a nice bit of texture with the filling being gooey and soft. Perfect soakage after a few drinks!
- 50g Mushrooms, peeled and diced
- Handful of Spinach, rinsed and diced
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and diced
- 10g Stilton cheese
- 150g Prepacked Puff Pastry
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 Egg
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Fry the mushrooms, garlic and spinach for approx 10 mins until brown and reduced.
- Roll out the puff pastry to the thickness of 2-3mm approx.
- Cut into the desired rectangle sizes and spoon the mixture onto half of these leaving the edges clear.
- Top off with some crumbled Stilton cheese.
- Beat the egg and brush the edges of the filled pastry.
- Place the remaining rectangles on top of the filled pastry and using a fork press down the edges.
- Pierce the top of the pastry using a fork and brush over the egg yolk.
- Sprinkle over sesame seeds and pop into the oven approx 25 mins until golden.