This Turmeric rice recipe is simple and apart from the spices there is few ingredients. This is a tasty side dish to any curry or I usually just end up eating it on its own with a boiled egg or two.
- 75g Rice
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Garam Masale
- 20g Raisins
- 20g Chopped Almonds
- 150g Vegetable stock
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and diced finely
- 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
- Place the rice into a pan of simmering vegetable stock and simmer for approx 30 mins until tender. Drain and leave aside.
- Meanwhile fry the onion for approx 10 mins and add the garlic and fry for another 2 mins.
- Add in the spices, raisins and almonds to the onion mixture and fry for another 3 mins.
- Mix the rice with the spice mixture and serve.