This green soup is full of vitamins and nutrients which is needed at this time of year. This soup can be varied with the addition of peas or kale, whatever is left in the fridge of freezer. This is really tasty served with some garlic bread…
- 200g Broccoli florets
- 100g Spinach
- 100g Green beans
- 900ml Vegetable stock
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 50ml Green pesto
- 3 tbsp Tahini paste
- 2 Shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp Mixed seeds
- Simmer the broccoli and green beans with the vegetable stock for approx 10 mins.
- Add in the spinach, garlic and shallots and simmer for another 10 mins.
- Allow to cool and place in the blender with the stock and blend until smooth.
- Add 3/4 of the pesto, cumin and season to taste.
- Pour into bowls and finish off with a topping of tahini paste and pesto swirled on top with a scattering of seeds.