I decided to make these mini Barmbrack since they are a perfect size for one person. No rings were placed in this cake as I wanted to keep my fillings intact!
- 20ml Rum or Whiskey
- 100ml cold black tea
- 300g mixed fruit (dried cranberries, raisins, orange zest)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Mixed spice
- 2 tbsp Baking powder
- 225g Plain flour
- Soak the fruit overnight in the rum and cold tea.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and mixed spice together.
- Beat the honey and egg together and add to the flour.
- Add the fruit and any remaining juice to the flour and combine to form a wet dough.
- Line a mini cake tin with grease proof paper and add the dough.
- Place into the oven for approx 30 mins until risen and brown.
- Test by piercing with a knife, if it comes clean then it is cooked.