Halloween is just around the corner and I decided this year to make some Pumpkin bread. The pumpkin flesh maintains moisture within this bread while the cinnamon and cloves enrich the flavours in this mixture. A nice lemon icing layer can be drizzled over this but I prefer to keep this more savory and to serve it toasted with a knob of butter.
- 1 Pumpkin, seed removed and flesh scooped out
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- 200g Plain flour
- 100g Melted butter
- 1 orange zest
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Next make the pumpkin puree.
- Simmer the pumpkin flesh for approx 20 mins until tender.
- Drain and squeeze any excess water from the pumpkin flesh.
- Whisk this flesh with the melted butter, eggs, orange zest and honey.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add the wet and dry ingredients together and mix well to form a wet dough.
- Line a bread tin with grease proof paper and add in the mixture.
- Pop into the hot oven for 30 mins until risen and golden.