The Whiskey in this recipe really adds the Va Va Voom to this Marmalade. The recipe is really quick to make but be careful when making the Marmalade mixture, since it can get very hot. This is perfect served on toast or scones or add a dollop of this to natural yoghurt.
- 6 Oranges, juiced, reserve 1 Orange rind
- 220g Jam Sugar
- 5 tbsp Whiskey
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- Simmer the Orange rind in water for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile simmer the orange juice with the jam sugar and cloves for approx 20 mins.
- Place a saucer in the freezer for 10 mins to use for the setting test. Test the marmalade by placing a blob on the cold plate, leave for 1 min and then push it forward. If it wrinkles then the marmalade is ready.
- Drain the Orange rind and cut into very thin slices.
- Add the rind to the Marmalade with the whiskey and mix through.
- Place into sterilised jars.