At this time of year it is really beginning to feeling like Autumn which means Halloween is just around the corner and below are some of my favourite recipes, treats and events to celebrate this time of the year.
I have never done anything special at Halloween except dressing up and going to parties but this year I am going to try and get to at least one of these Events:
- For those not faint hearted check out Zombiegeddon taking place October 27th-29th in Redhills Co.Kildare. Not too sure if I could handle all the terror!
- In Dublin and Cork check out The Nightmare Realm which contain 3 different haunts to get spooked out at!
- These events keep getting more scarier the more I research but check out Horror farm in Kells, Co. Meath.
- A little less jumpy is the Bram Stroker Festival in Dublin 27th-30th October which consist of shows and performance day and night throughout the city.
- The gravedigger Ghost bus tour in Dublin is a must do, definitely going to check this one out.
- For festivals check out the Galway Aboo Halloween Festival which takes place 28th-31st October
For treats this time of year, check out the most gruesome that I could find online…
- Gruesome strawberry flavoured blood bags..
- Luvin The little Monster Halloween Hamper from Hotel Chocolat
- Marks and Spencer’s has a perfect Halloween makeover for Colin The caterpillar cake…
For Halloween decorations check out some of my favs:
- Dunnes Stores has a good selection this year, check out these pumpkin fairy lights and cobweb tablerunner
- Luvin these Halloween pass the parcels and Spider cupcake decorations from Homestore & more
- Halloween balloons, what more would you want for a party!
- This door decoration might come in handy for scaring away trick or treaters…
Last but not least some fun Halloween recipes:
- this cocktail recipe from BBC Good Food looks interesting
- some tasty looking Ghosts from Supervalu
- these eyeballs from Tesco are more funny than scary
- an ultimate halloween cake from Donal Skehan
I hope these ideas above at least gives you as much fun as I had researching them…