This Aubergine and Mushroom open lasange is a lighter version of the traditional lasange and even though I have used it in small portions for a light meal, it can be served in bigger portions for a main meal. When boiling the lasange sheets place in one by one and make sure to keep these separated as they simmer. I found this easier by simmering small batches of the sheets but these will still require careful monitoring. I like mine Al Dente with a bit of bite and also they will retain their shape better for this dish.
- 1 Aubergine, rinsed and diced finely
- 250g Mushrooms, peeled and diced finely
- Dried Lasange sheets
- 2 tbsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 3 tbsp Natural yoghurt
- 100g Green Pesto
- 50g Grated Parmesan
- Preheat the grill.
- Fry the aubergine, mushroom and spices until brown.
- Mix in the natural yogurt until well combined.
- Place the lasange sheets for 10 minutes in a pan of simmering water.
- Layer up the open lasange with a lasange sheet at the base, layer of Aubergine mix, pesto and Parmesan and repeat.
- Pop under the grill to crisp up the edges of the Lasange sheets.