I recently have cravings for Banoffee pie, bananas, cream, caramel and chocolate ummmm. Be careful cooking the caramel as it can get very hot. This is a very filling dessert so leave a little room in the tummy after dinner or just have it on its own…
- 250g Butter
- 150g Crushed Digestive biscuits
- 3 bananas
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 400g Condensed milk
- 200ml Fresh Whipped Cream
- 2 Crushed Chocolate Flakes
- Melt 150g of butter and add to the crushed biscuits. Mix well.
- Mould the biscuit mixture at the base of a cake tin and pop into the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile melt the rest of the butter with the sugar and add in the condensed milk.
- Simmer for 10 mins until thick but stir all the time since the bottom can burn.
- Slice up the bananas and place on the biscuit base and pour over the caramel.
- Place back into the fridge to set.
- Place the whipped cream in a piping bag and pipe over the pie.
- Finish with a sprinkling of chocolate flake.