This is an extremely moorish meal which is one of my favourites. It is perfect with any Sunday roast with the leftovers for a Monday lunch! Pre boiling the potatoes reduces the cooking time and also I used Cheddar cheese but usually I would try use Gruyere cheese whenever I can find it!
- 300ml Cream
- 100ml Milk
- 3 cloves of Garlic, peeled and diced
- 2kg of Potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 100g Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Simmer cream, milk and garlic for approx 5 mins.
- Pre boil the potato slices for approx 15 mins.
- Arrange the potato slices in a baking tray and pour over the cream mixture.
- Cover with foil and pop into the oven for 40 mins until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle on the cheese, pop into the oven until brown.