These frozen yoghurt bites are simple to make and the popping candy adds an element of fun to the recipe. I tend to use soft plastic ice cube trays since they are easier to pop out the contents and they come in a variety of shapes.
- 150g Natural yoghurt
- 50g Cherries
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 50g Dark chocolate
- 20g Popping candy
- Simmer the cherries, 2 tbsp honey and approx 50ml of water in a pan until reduced.
- Allow to cool and blend.
- Meanwhile mix the remaining honey with the yoghurt and place into ice trays with a swirl of the cherry mixture.
- Pop into the freezer for approx an hour and half.
- Melt the chocolate and mix in the popping candy.
- Remove the frozen yoghurt from the tray and pour in the chocolate.
- Pop both back into the freezer for another hour.
- Remove the chocolate from the ice cubes and gently rub the underside of the chocolate for a few seconds to slightly melt an area and stick on top of the yoghurt base. Pop back into the freezer for 15 mins.