A buddha bowl is a large bowl filled with healthy grains, vegetables and protein. They are really versatile and not far off from the Falafel Mezze bowl which I posted earlier this week. I find these buddha bowls a perfect way to clear out any remaining food in the fridge or pantry. This dish is so colourful with a little bit of everything drizzled with delicious tahini sauce.
- 150g Black quinoa
- 1 Carrot, peeled and ribboned
- 50g Rocket, rinsed
- 2 Shallots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 egg per person
- 2 tbsp Tahini sauce
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and diced finely
- 250ml Vegetable stock
- 100g Turtle beans
- Boil the quinoa and beans in the vegetable stock for approx 1 hour until tender.
- Make the dressing by mixing the tahini sauce, lemon juice and garlic cove, season.
- Fry the eggs to your preference
- Arrange the quinoa mixture in a bowl and top off with rocket, shallots, carrot and egg.
- Drizzle over the tahini dressing and serve.