Mezze is a Mediterranean term used to describe small dishes usually served as starters. I have combined a variety of these small dishes to create a moreish and filling dinner. The combination of the hummus with the cous cous salad really lifts this dish while the tahini dressing adds an element of sharpness. Nuts can be used as a sprinkling instead of the seeds and this mezze bowl is perfect served with some toasted pitta bread.
- 8 Falafels
- 100g Rocket
- 100g Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- Handful of sesame seeds
- 2 Lemons
- 75g Cous cous
- 75g Hummus
- 1 tbsp Tahini sauce
- 2 tbsp Natural yoghurt
- 250ml Vegetable stock
- Place the cous cous in a pan with the stock and simmer for a few mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and place falafels in the hot oven for approx 15 mins.
- Make the dressing by mixing the juice of 1 lemon with the natural yohurt and Tahini. Add 3 tsp of water to loosen the mixture.
- Rinse the rocket and place in a serving bowl.
- Chop a handful of tomatoes into the cous cous, season and place alongside the rocket.
- Peel and slice the avocado and drizzle the lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Place in the bowl with the remaining cherry tomatoes.
- Lastly place in the falafels and drizzle over the tahini dressing.