This butternut squash lasange is really filling and easy to make. This is perfect pre-made for lunches or dinner during the week. The lasange keep a al dente texture and adds a element of crispiness on the top layer. I usually serve this with some tomato salad and some rocket leaves.
- 1 Butternut squash, halved
- 2 Onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 100g Green lentils
- 1 tsp Dried Sage
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp Plain flour
- 100ml Milk
- 1 tbsp Wholegrain mustard
- 200g Cheddar cheese
- Approx 8 Lasange sheets
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 100g Spinach
- 50g Pinenuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the butternut squash on a tray lined with grease proof paper with the onions and garlic cloves.
- Drizzle with oil, balsamic vinegar and sprinkle over the sage.
- Meanwhile make the sauce by melting the butter and mixing in the flour.
- Over a gentle heat slowly add in the milk to the butter mixture stirring all the time until thickened.
- Add in the mustard and 1/2 of the cheese and allow to melt.
- Add the lentils to a pan of simmering water and allow to simmer for 30 mins until tender.
- When soft scoop out the flesh of the butternut squash and mix with the lentils, spinach and onions.
- Squeeze out the cooked garlic from the skins and add to the butternut squash mixture.
- In a deep dish baking tray layer a portion of the butternut squash with some pine nuts, some lasange sheets, cheese sauce, lasange sheets and repeat.
- Pop into the hot oven for approx 50 mins until it starts browning on top.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and brown off in the oven.