This eggs in purgatory is a perfect brunch over the weekend. I love it when I cook the yolks runny and it blends in with the tomato sauce which I duck into with a slice of crusty bread. This will serve about 2 people and will keep you full till dinner!
- 1 Red pepper, rinsed and sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 500g Passata
- Fry the pepper and onion until soft.
- Pour in the passata and allow to simmer for a few mins.
- Crack the eggs on top and cover with a lid to allow the eggs to poach.
- Leave for 3-5 mins and serve straight away.