This tomato and bread salad is a perfect side for sharing with any dinner. I always just add the bread to the salad before serving so the bread will stay crispy and not absorb too much dressing. This dish is really beautiful when different coloured cherry tomatoes are used, it is like a rainbow on a plate.
- 1/4 Red onion, peeled and diced
- 200g Cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halve
- 1 small Ciabatta loaf, broken into small pieces
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 handful of fresh basil, rinsed
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Honey
- Toast the ciabatta pieces on a dry pan until golden.
- Grill the pepper slices until slightly charred.
- Mix the pepper, tomatoes, onions and basil together.
- Next make the dressing, mix the garlic, honey, balsamic vinegar and olive oil together.
- Add the bread to the tomatoes and drizzle over the dressing.