This tomato soup is perfect for lunches during the week. The honey in this recipe adds a bit of sweetness to soften down the acidity of the tomatoes and the garlic balances out the flavours. Sometimes I add some roasted red pepper into this soup to add a bit of variation and single cream can also be added to thicken up the soup.
- 7 tomatoes, halved
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 300ml Vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place tomatoes, garlic and onions on a tray lined with grease proof paper.
- Drizzle over olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle over the dried basil and season.
- Pop into a hot oven for approx 30 mins.
- Allow to cool and blend the mixture with vegetable stock.
- Run through a sieve to remove any skins.
- Heat before serving.