This cherry and rhubarb jam is really tasty and I love this spread on a toasted scone or mixed in with some natural yoghurt. The cherry adds an amazing colour to the jam and there is only a few ingredients to keep the recipe simple.
- 350g Rhubarb, topped and tailed
- 150g Jam sugar
- 175g Cherries, destalked and destoned
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Chop the rhubarb and place in a pan with the cherries, jam sugar, lemon juice, vanilla essence and 250ml water.
- Bring to simmer for approx 1.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool and place in sterile jars and leave in the fridge to set.