This week is my birthday week and since I was never a big cake lover, I decided to try this rainbow jelly! Now it took me a few attempts but my mistakes were, a) not making the jelly condensed enough for the weight of the additional layers, jelly just collapsed on bottom layer b) adding each layer before they had cooled down, melted the layer below and c) spoon jelly mixture on top of each other, if poured it makes holes in bottom layers. This is so beautiful when sliced and the condensed milk layer eliminates the need for custard. I would choose this any day over cake and it will definitely grab some attention when served at any birthday party!
- 4 x 40g Different coloured jellies
- Can of condensed milk
- 2 x 12g Gelatine
- Line a baking dish with clingfilm.
- Dissolve one jelly colour with 150ml hot water.
- Pour into the baking tray and pop into the fridge for 1 hour.
- Dissolve 6g of gelatine with 100ml hot water, allow to dissolve and add 4 tbsp condensed milk.
- Stir to combine and allow to cool. Spoon over bottom layer and pop back into the fridge for approx an hour.
- Repeat the layers with different coloured jellies and condensed milk mixture until you reach the top.
- When set remove from tray and clingfilm and slice.