Strawberries are in full season this time of year and I have created this delicious and light cake which has only a few ingredients. This is perfect served sliced with some whipped cream. The colours are amazing in this cake and will brighten up any table on which it is served. Perfect on a hot summers day.
- 400ml Natural yogurt
- 5 tbsp Honey
- 250g fresh Strawberries
- 12 Shortbread fingers
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinger
- Blitz 150g of strawberries with 4 tbsp of water.
- Place in a pan with the vinegar and 3 tbsp of honey and simmer until reduced.
- Line a bread tin with clingfilm and pour in the cooled strawberry sauce.
- Place in freezer for approx 40 mins until firm.
- Meanwhile slice up the rest of the strawberries and mix into the yogurt with 2 tbsp of honey.
- Place on top of the frozen strawberry sauce and press down lightly the shortbread fingers.
- Place back into the freezer for approx 1.5 hours until firm.