I have tried to keep the meringue recipes simple this week since my expertise in meringue making is limited and with busy lifestyles no one wants lengthy recipes. To speed up this recipe further store bought meringues can be used and just crushed and added. I usually keep my sweet treats for the weekends but since a bank holiday is coming up then there is more days available to spoil oneself!
- 150g Fresh Strawberries
- 120ml Whipped cream
- 3 Egg whites
- 100g Icing sugar
- 150g Caster sugar
- 3 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp Blueberries
- First make the meringues.
- Preheat oven to 100 degrees.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and slowly add in 100g of caster and 100g icing sugar.
- Spoon onto a tray lined with grease proof paper and pop into the oven for approx an hour until the meringue is set.
- Meanwhile make the strawberry sauce, boil approx 75g of chopped strawberries with 20ml of water, balsamic vinegar and 50g caster sugar.
- Simmer for approx 30 mins until reduced.
- Break up the meringue and alternate the layers of fruit, sauce, cream and meringue in a sundae glass.