This moussaka is the vegetarian version but very filling and morrish. The topping reminds me of a cheese souffle covering a spicy base. This is great with some crusty bread to scoop up the lovely sauce.
- 1 Red pepper, rinsed and chopped
- 1 Aubergine, rinsed and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and diced
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 100g red lentils
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Fry the aubergines and add the onion, pepper and garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli flakes and lentils and simmer for approx 20 mins.
- Meanwhile make the topping, beat the eggs, ricotta and yogurt together.
- Place the lentil in a baking dish and pour over the topping.
- Pop into the oven for approx 25 mins until golden and serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan.