The sweet potato and peanuts in this recipe works really well together and the peanut butter really thickens the sauce so add it in the last few mins. I have used pearl barley with this recipe but it can always be served with rice or wedges whatever is your preference. Serve with peanuts on top for a bit of a crunch.
- 2 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 140g roasted peanuts, crushed
- 50g Spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 150g Pearl barley
- 200ml Vegetable stock
- Fry the onion and stir in the Cumin.
- Add the sweet potato, chilli flakes, turmeric, paprika and coconut milk and simmer until the potato is tender.
- Add in the chopped spinach and peanut butter and simmer for another 5 mins.
- Ground up the peanuts and add to the mixture.
- Meanwhile simmer the pearl barley with veg stock for approx 25 mins until tender.
- Combine all and serve.