I have never been a fan of aubergines especially their texture so I decided to cook a few dishes to change my mind. This aubergine dahl is quick n easy to make and tastes delicious. Especially when it is served with a bit of creme fraiche and naan bread. It is a perfect mid week snack and the flavour improves when it is prepared the night before.
- 1 Aubergine, chopped
- 2 Red onions, sliced
- 4 Garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 200ml Vegetable stock
- 120g Red lentils, rinsed
- Thumbsize piece of ginger, peeled and diced finely.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the Aubergine, onions and garlic in a roasting tin and drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle the curry powder over the vegetables and pop into the oven for approx 40 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile simmer the lentils in the vegetable stock with the ginger.
- Add in the vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes.