This is a perfect lunch or supper recipe especially since sweet potatoes cook a lot faster than the white versions. The recipe has a combination of different flavours which all compliment each other and enrich the overall dish. I left the potato skins on and just lightly rinsed and scrubbed.
- 4 Sweet potatoes, rinsed and cut into half.
- 1 Avocado, peeled and destoned
- 1 tin of Kidney beans
- 1 tbsp dried Chilli flakes
- 50g Chedder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 4 tbsp Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 200ml Vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a baking dish and pierce the potatoes several times with a knife.
- Drizzle with Balsamic vinegar.
- Pop into oven until the potatoes are soft.
- Scoop out the potato flesh and mix with 2 tbsp of yoghurt, cheese, chilli flakes and paprika.
- Pop back into oven for approx 20 mins until golden.
- Simmer the kidney beans in vegetable stock for approx 15 mins.
- Slice the avocado and grill on both sides until brown.
- Next make the dressing by mixing the tahini and yogurt.
- Place the beans on top of the potatoes, top off with avocado slices and drizzle with dressing.