This orange polenta cake is so light and tasty. I made these into mini cakes so I could totally gorge on one little cake by myself and not feel too guilty. They are delicious served on their own or with some pistachio nut ice-cream. A perfect treat at the weekend for yourself or for sharing….
- Handful of Pistachio nuts, de-shelled and crushed
- 200g Butter, at room temperature
- 6 tbsp Honey
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla essence
- 2 Oranges, juiced and zested
- 180g Ground Almonds
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 100g Polenta
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees.
- Beat together the butter and 3 tbsp honey, mix in the vanilla and eggs.
- Add in the ground almonds, polenta, baking powder and orange zest.
- Place in a greased cake tin.
- Bake for approx 40 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile simmer the orange juice with the rest of the honey until reduced and syrupy.
- Once baked allow the cake to cool and coat with the orange glaze.
- Sprinkle the crushed cashew nuts on top.