These stuffed rice balls are amazing served with soy sauce. The sweetness of the sweet potato compliments the saltiness of the soy sauce, while the sesame seeds add an element of crunchiness to these bites. This makes a lovely lunch or supper and is perfect served either hot or cold.
- 100g Sushi rice
- 50g Toasted sesame seeds
- 50g Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1tbsp Caster sugar
- First make the sushi rice.
- Rinse the rice 3-4 times and place in simmering water for approx 20 mins until soft and sticky.
- Then make the sushi rice seasoning, mix the vinegar and sugar together and add to the rice.
- Mix in with half of the sesame seeds.
- Meanwhile in another pan simmer the sweet potato until soft.
- Mash and allow to cool and shape into little balls.
- With wet hands shape the rice into balls and make a indent to fit in the sweet potato.
- Add more rice around the filling and shape into triangles.
- Coat into the rest of the sesame seeds and serve with soy sauce.