With my body overloaded with choc and sugar this weekend I am focusing on light and more nutritional food. So I have developed light sushi meals which would be perfect for lunch or supper. I always find it hard to get vegetarian sushi options so I decided to experiment with a few ingredients, this is my favourite. This recipe I oven cooked the tofu as I have found this the most successful way of cooking, otherwise it just breaks up on the pan and spits under the grill. Plus the oven helps makes the tofu crispy, ummmm.
- 1 Avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 350g Tofu, pressed and cut into bars
- 3 tbsp toasted Sesame seeds
- 1/2 Nori sheet, cut into strips
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees.
- Combine the honey, vinegar, chilli and soy sauce and simmer until the mixture condenses.
- Line a tray with grease proof paper, arrange the tofu pieces on it and pop into a hot oven.
- Leave for approx 15 mins and then brush the tofu pieces with the soy sauce.
- Pop back into the oven for another 15 mins.
- Fry the avocado on a grill pan until slightly brown.
- Place the avocado on top of the tofu pieces and wrap around the Nori strips.
- Serve with a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds and soy sauce.