These salted caramel mini easter eggs are so delicious, but they are small so they tend to go quickly! I mixed up the chocolate with layers of white and milk chocolate just to add a bit more variation. I was looking at tempering the chocolate but too be honest I thought since the eggs are so small, the chocolate didn’t require it. The tempering is a controlled way of melting the chocolate and then cooling it down. It gives the chocolate a shiny appearance, more of a cracking sound when broken and it prevents the chocolate melting quickly on you hands.
- 50ml Salted caramel
- 100g Milk chocolate
- 100g White chocolate
- Melt half the chocolate over a bowl of simmering water.
- Using a pastry brush, spread the chocolate over mini egg moulds.
- Pop into the fridge for 15 mins.
- Melt more chocolate and add a another layer, repeat with the milk chocolate.
- When finished the layering leave the moulds in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Pop out the eggs from the mould and place the caramel in the shells.
- Join the egg halves together with some melted chocolate and pop back into the fridge to cool.